Discharge policies vary from hospital to hospital.
Generally, when you arrive at hospital those in charge of your care will develop a plan for your treatment, which will include your discharge or transfer.
Your discharge/transfer date will be affected by;
- How quickly your health/condition improves during your hospital stay
- The support you require on your return home
Minimal discharge refers to those who are discharged from hospital and only require a small amount of care after they leave.
If you require more specialist care upon leaving hospital, your discharge/transfer will be referred to as a complex discharge. This may be because;
- You have ongoing health & social care needs
- You need community care services
- You need intermediate care
- You are being discharged to a residential/care home
If you feel that you, your family member or friend is being discharged too early from hospital or a NHS rehabilitation centre contact us and we may be able to assist in securing a longer stay.